For a quick meal, I warmed jarred tomato sauce (doctored up with some fresh basil and oregano) and added the cooked meatballs to the sauce to meld flavors while the whole wheat pasta was cooking.
- Cooking spray
- 1.25 pounds ground turkey meat
- 1/4 cup homemade whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 oz fresh grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Add meatballs to heated sauce and cook while pasta is cooking.
Yield approx 18 meatballs. 1.3 points per meatball