- 4 egg whites (or 1 cup egg substitute)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 12 oz container of skim evaporated milk
- 3 scoops protein powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp Pampered Chef Pure Bourbon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup finely ground oatmeal (about 1 1/2 cups quick oats blended in blender)
- 1/4 cup finely ground Fiber One cereal (about 1/2 cup blended in blender or food processor)
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 6 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In Kitchen Aid mixer, whisk together the egg whites, milks, applesauce, pumpkin, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients until blended. Beat in flour mixture until combined.
- Preheat a waffle iron, and coat with cooking spray. Pour batter into waffle iron by scant 1/2 cups, and cook until crisp and golden brown.
Nutritional value if made as written per waffle: 103 calories, 1g total fat, 0g sat. fat, 0.25mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate, 2.5g fiber, 5.5g sugar, 5.5g protein
2 waffles would = 3 points (by my calculation)
Note: Can substitute mashed bananas for pumpkin and/or applesauce. I've also used 1/4 c. organic extra virgin coconut oil in place of the applesauce.
These are excellent! So easy to make, and just sweet enough that V and I don't need any syrup or anything!