- 1 (1-pound) loaf French or Italian bread, cubed
- 3 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup coffee flavored liqueur
- 1 cup packed Splenda light brown sugar blend
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Pampered Chef Korjinte cinnamon
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3-4 ounces dark chocolate, grated
- Whipped cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Lightly grease a 13 by 9-inch baking dish and place the bread in the dish. In Large Batter Bowl, whisk together the milk, cream, and liqueur. Combine the brown sugar and cocoa powder in Small Batter Bowl. Add the sugar mixture to the milk mixture and mix well. In the empty Small Batter Bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add the vanilla and almond extract, and cinnamon to the beaten eggs. Pour the egg mixture into the milk mixture and mix well.
Grate chocolate with Garlic Slicer directly over bread. Pour the custard mixture over the cubed bread in the pan. Let stand, stirring occasionally for approximately 20 minutes or until bread absorbs most of the milk mixture. Bake for 1 hour or until set. Check pudding by inserting a knife through the middle and it should come out clean.
Serve warm, or refrigerate and serve chilled with whipped cream if desired.