Saturday, August 1, 2009

BBQ Ribs in the oven

I found this recipe and tried it out tonight. I made a few alterations, baked it in my Stoneware Rectangle Baker at 375 for almost 2 hours, then Broiler on Lo while corn was cooking, so an additional 5-7 minutes.

3 lbs pork back ribs
4 oz honey
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
2 Tbsp Old Bay seasoning
1/3 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1 small onion, grated or chopped
12 ounces barbecue sauce (I used Famous Dave's Sweet & Zesty)

Whisk all ingredients in a bowl. Put the ribs in the baker (or roasting pan) and cover with sauce, making sure they're completely coated. Loosely cover w/foil and bake at 375 for 1-2 hours or until they get tender.

These were good. Really good. As in - I made just under 3 lbs, which was about 16 individual ribs and there were TWO left.

Notes for next time: I think before broiling them at the end, I'll pull them out of the sauce and put them on a separate tray to crisp them up a little. Run the sauce through a separator to pull the fat off, and put in a small sauce pan and boil for a few minutes to reduce to a thicker sauce.

No comments: