Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Amish Friendship Zucchini Muffins

I had a starter for Amish Friendship Bread in my freezer that I finally decided to revive. Today was Day 10, and I had some shredded zucchini that needed to get used, so I figured I should be able to combine the two! I'm posting this as I made it and although they were light, soft, moist and oh-so yummy, they're definitely hi-cal (coming in at close to 300 cals/muffin!). Next time (10 days from now?) I'm going to try to lighten up the mix. I did use white wheat flour, though.

2 cups Amish bread mix
2 cups shredded zucchini (patted dry with paper towels)
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
2 cups white wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Pampered Chef Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend
Optional: 1 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 325 degrees, spray regular muffin tins with Baking Spray w/Flour (will yield 2 dozen regular-size muffins).

In stand mixer, beat eggs together. Add in oil, sugar and bread mix until combined. Switch to paddle attachment and slowly add zucchini.

In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients, then slowly add dry into wet mixture. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 25-30 minutes or until tops are golden brown and springy.

Aluminum pan took 25 minutes, silicone pan took 30.

No comments: