Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Best Sangria I've ever had

One of the women I sell with brought this recipe to a meeting the other day, and I'm putting it in here just so I don't have to search for it in the future - it's AWESOME! And for the most part, I keep everything on hand (unless I've used the last bottle of White Zin already!)

From July 2001 Bon Appetit
1 750-ml bottle of chilled White Zinfandel
1/2 cup peach schnapps
2 tablespoons Cointreau or other orange liqueur
2 tablespoons sugar
2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
1 lemon, sliced
1 orange, sliced
1 peach, sliced into wedges
1 10-ounce bottle of chilled club soda
Ice cubes


Mix first 8 ingredients in tall pitcher. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Mix in club soda. Fill 6 wineglasses with ice cubes. Pour sangria over ice and serve.


No comments: